Third Avenue United Church Community Fund
Eligible recipients include organizations and groups involved in:
- Children’s Health and Wellness
- Elderly Health and Wellness
- Anti-Poverty Programs
- Food Programs
- Youth Programs
- United Church Outreach
- Immigrant, Refugee and Other Newcomer Programs
Ineligible Organizations and Programs
Organizations and programs ineligible to receive funds from the TAUC Community Fund include:
- Those that do not reflect United Church principles and beliefs.
- Those that are individual and not community based or focused.
- Political organizations or candidates.
- For-profit organizations.
- Service clubs, labour or fraternal organizations.
- Third-party fundraisers or professional solicitors.
- Debt reduction campaigns.
- Retroactive requests.
- Private institutions or foundations.
General Funding Criteria
The following criteria apply to all funding provided by the Community Fund:
- The receiving organization adheres to United Church principles, values and human rights compliant.
- The receiving organization is a CRA-registered charity with a Charitable Registration Number.
- The funding is conditional on goals, objectives and evaluation process acceptable to TAUC.
- There will be equal consideration of funding requests by United Church affiliated groups and community groups.
- Appropriate formal acknowledgement must be given to Third Avenue United Church.